- An Aromatic Long Grain Brown Rice
- Family Farms®
- Non GMO Project Verified
- Gourmet Rice
- Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization
- 100% Whole Grain 45 g or More Per Serving
- 100% of the Grain is Whole Grain
- BPA Free
Cultivating A Family Tradition
Since 1937, our family has been growing wholesome, great-tasting rice while tending to soil, air, water, and wildlife as carefully as our crops. Some people say we're a bit unconventional. But doing things our way - sustainably at every step - allows us to make better food for your table while leaving a better world for the next generation. So when you choose Lundberg, you can feel confident that you're bettering the world with every bite.
California Brown Basmati Rice- Soft & Scented
California Brown Basmati has always been a family favorite for its whole-grain goodness, versatility, and pleasant aroma. This long, thin grain is light and won't clump together when cooked, making it a natural fit for curry, stir-fry, salad, pilaf, and dessert recipes that call for distinct kernels with a fluffy texture.
California long grain brown rice.
|Stove Top Cooking Instructions|
|Liquid To Rice Cooking Ratios|
|Servings (about 3/4 cup cooked rice)||2||4-5||8-9|
|Rice (dry)||1/2 cup||1 cup||2 cups|
|Water or Broth*||1 cup||1 3/4 cup||3 1/2 cups|
|Butter or Oil (Optional)||1 1/2 tsp||1 Tbsp||2 Tbsp|
This product is raw, it must be cooked in order to enjoy its delicious flavor.
- Using a fine mesh sieve, thoroughly rinse desired amount of rice under cold water for 1-2 minutes and drain.
- Combine rice, liquid*, and butter or oil in a 2 qt. saucepan (1/2 cup or 1 cup) or a 4 qt. saucepan (2 cups) and bring to a boil.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer and cook for 40 minutes.
- With lid on, remove from heat and let steam for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork and enjoy.
Tip: If rice is too firm at the end of cooking, it may be necessary to add 1-2 Tbsp. liquid* and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
Rice Cooker: To prepare in a rice cooker, use the same liquid* to rice ratio.
Refrigeration recommended for extended shelf life.
|Serving Size: 1/4 cup (dry) (45 g)|
|Servings Per Container: About 20|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
|Sat. Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbs.||33 g||12%|
|Total Sugars||1 g|
|Incl. 0 g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vit. D||0 mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|