- 7 Grams of Protein and 7 Grams of Fiber Per Serving
- A Gourmet Seed, Subtly Sweet With a Fluffy Texture
- American Grown
- USDA Organic
- U.S. Pacific Coast Grown
- Cooks in 15 Minutes
- Certified Gluten-Free
- Whole Grain
- Non GMO Project Verified
- Certified Organic by CCOF
- Organic is Non-GMO & More
- 100% Whole Grain - 45 g or More Per Serving
Expanding Our Family Tradition
Producing high-quality, organic products is our family´s passion. We´ve been growing rice for four generations, since 1937, and we´re excited to expand our farming to now include organic quinoa. Our Antique White Quinoa is grown on the Pacific Coast of the United States, in collaboration with innovative farmers, who share our tradition of being stewards of natural resources, and promoting a healthy eco-system.
- The Lundberg Family
Lundberg Antique White Quinoa
Lundberg Family Farms is proud to present American grown quinoa. Antique White Quinoa is an incredible grain providing all nine essential amino acids, protein, and is an excellent source of fiber per serving. As antique White Quinoa matures in the field, the plant turns to shades of fiery red and orange. The plant produces a soft, off-white seed that is mildly sweet to the taste and cooks up fluffy in 15 minutes. It makes a great meal or side dish, or can be used as a base to create your own special recipes.
- In a fine mesh sieve, thoroughly rinse 1 cup of quinoa under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Place quinoa in a medium saucepan with 1 1/4 cup water or broth and bring to a fast simmer.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat (keep covered) and steam for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
If quinoa is too firm at the end of cooking, it may be necessary to add 1-2 Tbsp. liquid and cook longer.
Quinoa can be prepared in a rice cooker following the same quinoa to water ratio as above.
We recommend refrigeration for extended shelf life.
|Serving Size: 1/4 cup (dry) (45 g)|
|Servings Per Container: About 10|
|Amount Per Serving||%Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||2 g||3%|
|Sat. Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carb.||31 g||11%|
|Total Sugars||2 g|
|Incl. 0 g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vit. D||0 mcg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|