- Pure Powder
- Vegetarian Substitute for Gelatin
- Gluten Free
- Your Recipe's Secret Ingredient
- Vegetarian/Vegan Product
Agar is naturally gelatinous powder derived from marine algae. It's the perfect vegetarian substitute for beef gelatin in any food application, and makes an excellent thickener for soups, jellies, ice cream and more.
Because you are what you eat, NOW Real Food has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural foods since 1968. We're independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
Expiration Date05/01/2024 00:00:00
Agar can be used as a vegan substitute for gelatin's functional properties.
- In a small pot, place 1/2 teaspoon of Now Real Food Agar Powder into 1/2 cup of water.
- Allow mixture to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add desired fruits or vegetables.
- Pour into mold and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
|Serving Size: 1/2 tsp (1.5 g)|
|Serving Per Container: About 95|
|Amount Per Serving||%Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||<1%|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
|Not a significant source of saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, total sugars, added sugars, vitamin D, calcium, iron, and potassium.|